Friday, September 5, 2014

Grandchild of the Month!

I saw this idea on Facebook & didn't want to forget it!  I need to implement something like this...

Elder Dallin H Oaks, an apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints, says he does this for his grandchildren - great idea to help develop those long distance relationships!


"Here I am enjoying the picture of our youngest grandchild, 7-year-old Matthew, who lives hundreds of miles away from me. He is the “grandchild of the month.” 

For many years I have chosen a “grandchild of the month,” putting his or her picture in a special frame in my office to be seen by all who come there. I also write them a letter, telling them how much I miss them and love them, and sometimes adding a few words of counsel. I do this until my grandchildren graduate from high school.

Kristen and I consider our 29 grandchildren to be special gifts from our Heavenly Father. Even though we can’t see them as much as we wish, we do all we can to stay close to each one. We have a family relationship that will last forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment